240g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100g cold Cultured Oat Butter cut in small pieces
1 cup blueberries
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, stalk removed and finely chopped
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 cup plant-based milk (plus extra for brushing the tops)
2 tbsp sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use your fingertips to quickly rub the Cultured Oat Butter into the flour mix until mixture is the size of very coarse crumbs. Stir in blueberries, thyme leaves and lemon zest. Stir in the milk until mixture just holds together.
- Working quickly and lightly on a floured surface, knead dough and shape into a 20 cm circle, about 2cm thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 triangle pieces and arrange into a circle 1 cm apart from one another. Chill the dough on the tray in the refrigerator to harden the Cultured Oat Butter in the dough for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Brush tops with plant-based milk and sprinkle with the extra sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Cool for 2 minutes on baking tray, then transfer to wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped maple butter.
To make whipped maple butter: Blend 100g of Cultured Oat Butter with 1 – 2 teaspoons of maple syrup in a blender until whipped and creamy.