1 tbsp + 60g Cultured Oat Butter
50g plain flour
750ml plant-based milk
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp smoky paprika
1 tsp onion powder
200g Original Oat Melt
100g Smoked Oat Cheese
¾ tsp salt
2/3 cup (40g) panko breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add macaroni and cook until just al dente.
- Drain, return pasta to pot, add 1 tbsp Cultured Oat Butter and toss until melted. Set aside to cool whilst making the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large saucepan melt Cultured Oat Butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add about 1 cup of the milk and mix to dissolve the paste into the milk. Then add remaining milk and mix until smooth. Use a whisk if you have any lumps.
- Mix in salt, paprika, and onion powder.
- Cook, stirring or whisking regularly for 5 – 8 minutes until thickened to a creamy consistency.
- Remove from heat, stir through the grated Original Oat Melt, and half of the Smoked Oat Cheese. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Add cooked macaroni, then stir and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and remaining grated Smoked Oat Cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is light golden.
- Serve at once.