2 tart apples such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady, skinned and chopped into small pieces (220g)
2 stalks celery, sliced (200g)
1⁄2 cup red grapes, halved (100g)
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped (some large chunks are good!) (120g) Lauds Smoked Oat Cheese
A few large leaves of butter Lettuce
1⁄2 cup vegan mayo (120g) 2 tbsp lemon juice
1⁄4 – 1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp pepper
1⁄4 tsp sugar
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Add in the apples, celery, grapes and walnuts and mix well until everything is coated evenly.
- Arrange some large leaves of butter lettuce onto a serving plate and top with the salad.
- Using a cheese plane or a veggie peeler, carefully shave off pieces of Lauds Smoked Oat Cheese and sprinkle all over your salad. Top with a few extra pieces of grapes and crushed walnuts and serve!
- If you want to toast your walnuts (recommended) – preheat your oven to 180°C and toast them for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before.
- The salad can be made one day in advance, store in the refrigerator overnight and plate up on fresh lettuce and top with cheese right before serving