Our impact on the environment is always at the forefront of our operations. We know that polystyrene can create a large impact as it is not recyclable in most states. We are actively seeking a more environmentally friendly option to the polystyrene foam box. To date, this is the only option we have found that will without fail keep the package temperature at a food safe level during transit no matter where it goes in Australia.
Until we are able to find a suitable replacement, here is what we recommend for your poly box:
- Turn it into a planter – it is great at keeping the plants warm especially strawberries and tomatoes
- Reuse the box as a eski or cooler to your next BBQ or for your grocery shop
- Turn it into a compost bin
- Use it for house storage
- Offer it to your local butcher, grocer or fishmonger to reuse
- Or simply offer it on a local community page where someone else might have a creative use for it.