500g packaged uncooked gnocchi (or 3 cups)
2 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 cup Lauds Cultured Oat Butter
12 large fresh sage leaves
1 tsp lemon zest
1⁄4 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and cook for 1-2 minutes or until all the gnocchi is floating.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil up in a large non-stick frypan, use a slotted spoon to transfer gnocchi into the frypan, shaking off as much water as possible. Keep the gnocchi in a single layer and fry until gnocchi is golden brown. Set gnocchi aside.
- Wipe off your frypan with some paper towel and return the pan to low-medium heat. As the butter is melting, add the sage leaves and fry for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. It takes a while for the leaves to get crispy, but avoid turning the heat up as the butter will burn.
- Add the gnocchi, season with the salt, pepper and lemon zest and mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.