1 cup Rolled Oats
1 cup Plain Flour
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Desiccated Coconut
125g Lauds Cultured Oat Butter
2 tablespoon Golden Syrup
½ teaspoon Bicarb Soda
2 tablespoon Boiling Water
1) Preheat the oven to 160C, and line two baking trays with silicone mats.
2) Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
3) Place the butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted, about 2 minutes. Mix bicarb with 2 tablespoon of boiling water, and add to the saucepan. Don’t panic- the butter will appear frothy. This is normal.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir to combine. Grab a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Place on the prepared baking tray and press down to flatten slightly. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Make sure to leave a gap between the biscuits as they will spread.
5) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Leave on the trays to cool for 15 minutes as the biscuits will be soft. Move to a wire rack. Enjoy!