1.5kg potatoes, washed and peeled
1 1⁄2 cups cashews (225g), soaked for one hour in boiling water then drained
2 cups soy milk
1 cup water
1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1⁄2 tsp black pepper
1⁄4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp veggie stock powder (or 1 bouillon stock cube)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
280g block of Lauds Tasty Oat Melt, grated
Freshly chopped chives or parsley, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Start by thinly slicing your potatoes with a mandolin or the slicing side of your cheese grater (the smiles on the cheese grater!)
- Into your blender, place cashews, soy milk, water, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, veggie stock powder and apple cider vinegar and blend until very smooth. You may need to blend in batches if you have a small blender.
- Grease a baking dish (22x34cm) and layer half the potatoes in the dish. Evenly pour over half the creamy mix and sprinkle half the cheese all over the potatoes.
- Layer on the remaining potatoes, pour over the remaining creamy mix and sprinkle the remainder cheese on top.
- Bake for about 1hr – 1hr 10 mins. Bake is ready with golden on top and potatoes can be pierced easily with a fork.
- To serve, garnish with freshly chopped herbs and enjoy!