1 cup plain flour
⅓ cup icing sugar*
115g Lauds Cultured Oat Butter, softened at room temperature
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz on low speed for a minute, until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Bring the mixture together with a spoon to form a ball.
- Line your work surface with a sheet of baking paper. Place the dough of pastry in the middle, flatten with your hand and cover with another sheet of baking paper. Roll the pastry out to about 5mm thick.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out pastry shapes.
- Using a sharp knife, lift the shapes off the baking paper and transfer to a baking tray lined with another sheet of baking paper (you can also place the rolled out pastry with shapes cut out in the freezer for 2-3 minutes if the pastry is too soft).
- Gather scraps and re-roll. Repeat until all pastry is used.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until they just start to turn golden. Remove from oven and cool on the tray set over a wire rack.
- Store cooled leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to a week,
*Make sure you are using pure icing sugar not icing mixture which has corn starch added to it.