1/2 cup Lauds Cultured Oat Butter, left out of the fridge to soften slightly
3⁄4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup molasses
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1) Preheat the oven to 180C, and line two baking trays with silicone mats.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix everything together. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, add in the softened vegan butter, molasses and brown sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined. You may need to use your hands to form mixture into a ball.
4) Place ball of dough in the fridge, covered, for an hour.
5) Cut the ball into fourths and roll out each section, one at a time, between two sheets of baking paper with a rolling pin until about 5mm thick.
5) Using a gingerbread cutter, cut out pastry shapes.
6) Using a sharp knife, lift the shapes off the baking paper and transfer to the prepared baking tray. Using a fork, add texture by pressing down.
7) Gather scraps and re-roll. Repeat until all pastry is used.
8) Bake for 12-15 minutes until they just start to turn golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
9) Melt dark and white chocolate, and place in zip lock bags for easy decorating. Add Chewbacca features to the cookies. As a reference, use the photo below!