750g sweet potato
1 large brown onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup red lentils
3 tbsp Italian herbs
2 tbsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
1 (400g) can diced tomatoes
1 (400g) jar pasta sauce
3 tbsp Lauds Cultured Oat Butter
3 tbsp plain flour
2 cups almond milk
500g sweet potato
2 large zucchinis
4 flat or portobello mushrooms
12 small or 6 large lasagne pasta sheets
175g Lauds Original Oat Melt
- Peel and finely dice sweet potato and onion. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat and add onion. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes then add diced sweet potato. Stir and cook for a minute. Add lentils, herbs, garlic powder, salt, canned tomatoes and 3 cups of water, mix well.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce.
- Meanwhile, melt Cultured Oat Butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine, allow the mixture to cook for 30 seconds. Gradually whisk in milk, stirring until the mixture thickens for about a minute. Add nutmeg and stir. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Peel and finely slice sweet potato making rounds. Finely slice zucchini lengthways. Finely slice mushrooms.
- Line the base of a rectangular baking dish with baking paper. Add a layer of lasagne pasta sheets. Spread a third of the sweet potato sauce all over, add a sweet potato rounds layer and top with half of the béchamel then sliced zucchini. Repeat with another layer of lasagne sheets, sauce, sweet potato, zucchini and béchamel. Top with remaining lasagne sheets, sauce, sliced mushrooms and Original Oat Melt cheese slices.
- Bake for 35 minutes then serve while warm.